Seeing overwhelming interest shown for information of medical card in Malaysia, I’ve decided to share more information with the Medical Card I’m most familiar with.
Let me introduce you Great Eastern’s latest medical card, Smart Medic.
Smart Medic, similar with Health Protector, is meant to be a rider for any investment linked policies.
Launched in January 2009, Smart Medic is to replace Health Protector (ILHP) by March 2009.
A highlight of the features of this medical card:
- R & B up to RM400 / day up to 180 days
- ICU up to 180 days
- Pre-hospitalization Specialist Consultant up to 60 days
- Post-hospitalization Specialist Consultant up to 90 days
- Outpatient Kidney Dialysis – as charged up to Annual/ Lifetime Limit
- Outpatient Cancer Treatment -as charged up to Annual/ Lifetime Limit
- Renewable up to 80 years of age
- Overall annual limit up to RM200,000
- Overall lifetime limit up to RM 1.6 mil
- 10% increase in annual limit for every 5 years block if no-claim (Note: 10% increase in annual limit for every 3 years since year 2011)
- Age of entry have been increased to Age Next Birthday 65 (subject to medical checkup )
If you would like to know more about how Smart Medic can benefit you, or if you need more information, please drop me an emailor just post your questions in the comments and I shall reply promptly.